OGR Feedback reflection

So I was a little disappointed with my feedback. I can see exactly where all the points are coming from, however I followed story boarding as I was taught in foundation. Wish there had been more direction on this or more info. I got confused. Anyway, here were the main points from my feedback:


  • Remove and refine dialogue - at the moment its not doing its purpose and is taking up too much time - try and doing it more visually.
  • Draw and refine characters thinking about modelling - turn around drawings and higher designed style (like simpsons example)

  • Redesign environment to be emersive (like Wreck it Ralph) - decide on design period (?1960s) - alter design of bedroom - no generic space.
  • Think about shot communication in animatic - storyboard

I also had a reasonable length conversation with Simon after the Maya class. He reminded me of something I had forgotten which was stressing me out hugely: 
Remember Pre-Vis can be very simple modelling.


Potential time period

I think I have decided upon the time period of roughly the 1960's. This will allow me to put a more interesting style into the bedroom and explains the rudimentary robot design of Robbie. It also explains why the Doctor and Nurses have a 1940's style uniform as they could well have belonged to the child's parent. It also allows me to still use materials such as Lego (founded in 1949) and Barbie's dream house. I've done some research into 1960's toys and they would all still work with some modifications. 















I also did some research into Children's bedrooms of the time and these should make a much more interesting room for the final scene. 






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer project 2017 - Drawings 1-22

The Five Act Structure of the Greatest Showman - Film Review