Fantastic Voyage reflective statement

So fantastic voyage is over and it brings us to the end of a rather packed year. This project was by far the most intense that we’ve had, and presented me with the most challenges but equally resolved to be the most rewarding.

My film is not perfect, neither are my characters or modelling, however I can safely say they have come a long way in the short few weeks and I have learnt a lot. Despite a large a amount of technical issues along the way, I have still managed to produce what I believe to be an overall successful film with a charming and informative style.

There are a few things I would like to go back into and fix. These include animation glitches, which although small, annoy me hugely; solving the unknown skinning problems with Charles’ hand which causes random spikes to appear on it; as well as cleaning and sharpening up some of my matte paintings. These are all thing which would improve the overall aesthetic and style of the piece, but I simply ran out of time to do them.

I think the biggest lesson for me in this project was however long you think making something in Maya is going to take, double it. There is a big difference between modelling from a tutorial that has already sorted any glitches, and trying to troubleshoot and amend those for yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer project 2017 - Drawings 1-22

The Five Act Structure of the Greatest Showman - Film Review