Animation Showreel and reflective statement




Animation was one of the sections of this first year that I found arguably the most difficult. I feel like I have improved a lot as the year went on, however it has really highlighted for me some areas that I need to work on over the summer. These include doing more drawing from life in a quick paced environment (eg. on public transport etc) to get my drawing of people and capturing of positions quicker and ultimately more sucsessful. I think this unit also taught me that I need to get better at organising myself when doing a planned out animation so that I do not have to go back and alter it as much as I had to in some of these shorts. However, I believe overall my animations communicate well when viewed by an audience and are ultimately sucsessful. I also discovered that I definitely find animating with cut outs and Maya much easier than hand drawn animation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer project 2017 - Drawings 1-22

The Five Act Structure of the Greatest Showman - Film Review