Soundscapes reflective Statement

I really enjoyed this project and learnt a lot about the way the film industry leads us and tricks us with sounds. I found Kat's lessons massively interesting, and this is an area I am interested in exploring more.

In regards to my final soundscapes, I am particularly happy with Scape 1 and its depth and breadth of sounds. I'm not so satisfied with my other two as I found it a challenge to find sounds that well represented what I wanted.

I think if I were to do this project again I would try and spend a bit more time working out where I could find more interesting and/or unusual sounds to include. I also know I could have done more had I balanced my time more efficiently, and not had to focus so intently on the other projects as I feel that this one became a bit of a side project for me, rather than getting the full attention that it definitely deserved.

I also discovered a number of challenges that I had previously been mostly unaware of, such as background noises needing to be extracted from the soundtracks, humming and other small amounts of disturbance in the tracks and even things as simple as clothes making noises being able to completely ruin a recording. The wind is also a massive pain when recording outside.

But overall I have definitely enjoyed this project and would like to explore further into the world of Foley and everything that brings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer project 2017 - Drawings 1-22

The Five Act Structure of the Greatest Showman - Film Review