Minor summative post | Minor



As Minor has now drawn to a close, and we move into the major project, it seemed a good idea to sum up what I have achieved in the minor project, and therefore outline what is left to be done in major. I have created a Work in Progress Art of document for the film.

https://issuu.com/eleanorjaynedesigns/docs/art_of_wip_minor3

I have found balancing minor and the Extended dissertation tasks a little challenging however it has also been a huge learning curve as the 2D modelling, texturing and animation process is entirely different to the process used for 3D animation, and this is something that it has taken me a while to get my head around.

I am currently working through the 2D rigging process, and this will continue over the next few days. It is a little more complicated than I had originally realised as you have to complete a complex process four times for each model.

I also still need to construct the environments as 2D planes, and test animate these, as well as figuring out some issues with rendering.

I am hopeful for Minor and looking forward to discovering more about how the 2.5D animation process differs from the 3D process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer project 2017 - Drawings 1-22

The Five Act Structure of the Greatest Showman - Film Review