First ever session using Autodesk Maya

Today was our first ever session using Autodesk Maya. This is a programme that is similar to some of the CAD/CAM programmes I used during GCSE Product Design. This helped me a little I think, but also somehow managed to confuse me a little. I think once I have got my brain around the actual interface I will be fine, I just have a feeling that getting used to, and remembering where everything is might challenge me for a little while. I may have to give myself a crib sheet.

Here are the models that I created in today's introduction session with Simon:

The house was the practise model in order to practise duplication, rotation and scaling.







We also got the opportunity to have a play with the programme and just see what we could do. This is a bird type creature that I ended up creating by just fiddling with the tools. 










More Maya to come soon! Very exciting things coming over the next couple of weeks. 


Comments

  1. Onwards! The seal is broken! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right in thinking it's similar to CAD/CAM programs - but this can produce a lot more amazing things! Have a play in your free time (start with very basic stuff to build your confidence) and you'll soon get the hang of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summer project 2017 - Drawings 1-22

The Five Act Structure of the Greatest Showman - Film Review